eApply4UI: File a new Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim the easiest and fastest way.
UI OnlineSM: Reopen your UI claim, certify for benefits, view payment information and manage your claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The fastest and most intuitive way to reopen your claim is through your UI OnlineSM account. Log in to your UI OnlineSM account and select the “Reopen Your Claim” button and answer all of the questions.
Due to a significant shortfall in federal funds, which has limited our available staff, EDD representatives are only available by phone from 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
For information on Unemployment Insurance topics or how to submit a question to the EDD use the following process:
- Select a sub-category from the drop-down menu below that best fits the topic of your inquiry.
- Select a topic. Some topics are informational only. If you would like to submit a question to the EDD, select a topic that displays "(Ask EDD)" next to the topic. If you have questions related to more than one topic you may submit all your questions using one topic.
- After you submit your question allow 7-10 days for EDD to respond.
You can also help limit delays and stay informed on UI developments by using these tools:
- EDD Website: Find UI information, such as expanded frequently asked questions, Tips of the Week, and Tip/Fact Sheets on key services.
- Social Media: Follow the EDD on Facebook and Twitter to receive up-to-date information. You can also access a series of How-To Videos on the EDD YouTube channel.
- E-mail notices: Subscribe to receive the latest updates and tips regarding UI claims.
- eApply4UI: The fastest and simplest way to file your UI claim.
- UI OnlineSM and EDD Tele-CertSM: Certify for benefits online or over the phone instead of mailing the paper Continued Claim form.
- Automated Self-Service Number: Call 1-866-333-4606 to access your payment information. This line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- America's Job Center of CaliforniaSM: Computers are available in America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM offices throughout the state or in public libraries to access the EDD website and online services. You may use the Office Locator or call the automated self-service system 1-866-333-4606 to find a job center location nearest you.