If you want to file a new claim, re-open a claim, or file for the federal extended benefits, the easiest and fastest way is to file online using eApply4UI.
Due to a significant shortfall in federal funds, which has limited our available staff, EDD representatives are only available by phone from 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
Additionally, we have restructured our Ask EDD e-mail process for UI questions to streamline the workload for our limited staff and enhance the timeliness of EDD responses to your questions.
As of February 28, 2014, if you have not heard back from EDD in response to your e-mail or issue with your claim, we encourage you to resubmit your inquiry through this process:
- Please choose ONE and only ONE category from the drop-down menu of UI subcategories below that best fits the topic of your inquiry.
- Submit your question or questions in this one category only – submitting your question in more than one category will significantly impact the amount of time it will take for an EDD representative to respond.
- Please allow 7-10 days for EDD to respond.
You can also help limit delays and stay informed on UI developments by using these tools:
- EDD Website: Find UI information, such as expanded frequently asked questions, Tips of the Week, and Tip/Fact Sheets on key services.
- Social Media: Follow the EDD on Facebook and Twitter to receive up-to-date information. You can also access a series of How-To Videos on the EDD YouTube channel.
- E-mail notices: Subscribe to receive the latest updates and tips regarding UI claims.
- eApply4UI: The fastest and simplest way to file or reopen your UI claim.
- EDD Web-CertSM and EDD Tele-CertSM: Certify for benefits online or over the phone instead of mailing the paper Continued Claim form.
- Automated Self-Service Number: Call 1-866-333-4606 to access your payment information. This line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- America's Job Center of CaliforniaSM: Computers are available in America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM offices throughout the state or in public libraries to access the EDD website and online services. You may use the Office Locator or call the automated self-service system 1-866-333-4606 to find a job center location nearest you.